The branch was formed from two seperate branches within the CWU on Merseyside: Merseyside Amalgamated Branch and South West Lancs Branch.
The Communication Workers Union represents over 25000 members in the North West with 6300 members across the Mersey Region with our branch repenting almost half of them with just over 3120 members working in postal, administrative,
financial, telecom and mobile companies.
Our members’ expertise includes engineering, computing, clerical, mechanical, driving, and retail, finance, call centre and manual skill.
CWU Values - Branch Secretary's Message - Branch Affiliations - Branch Constitution - Branch Members Reports - BEC and Officers
Community Action - Contact Branch - Industrial Sections - News Archive - Political Issues - Postal Section - Telecoms Section -
Retired Members - Women's Officer - Youth Officer
The Communication Workers Union (CWU) is the biggest union for the communications industry in the UK with 250,000 members. It was formed in January 1995 when the Union of Communication Workers joined forces with the National Communications Union.
The CWU's Statement of Values aims:
* to provide first class collective and individual representation for all CWU members;
* to achieve security of employment for all members;
* to offer individual membership services of the highest quality;
* to expand trade union membership throughout the communications industry;
* to promote, by industrial and political means, the success of the industries in which our members work
* to campaign against all forms of discrimination
* to further these objectives by promoting the influence of the union throughout the national and international community
CWU Branch & National News
* Four Pillars Campaign *